Terms & Conditions
Santa Parade Safety Rules & Guidelines
Parade begins at 12 noon on Sunday 3rd December
- Parade officials will inspect all entries and reserve the right to eliminate any entry that is in violation of these rules.
- The Parade will start on Selwyn Place in front of the Cathedral steps and end at Trafalgar Park. Line-up will start along Selwyn Place from 11:00 a.m. Entrants should be in the line-up no later than Noon. The parade will begin promptly at 1:00 p.m.
- Once your entry has started along the parade route, no one may board your float.
- Cover all open wheels for safety (so marchers can not snag clothing or be pulled under wheels).
- Your entry may not exit the parade route before the end of the parade.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- For public safety, nothing may be thrown from your entry—candy, eggs, water balloons, super soakers, or other objects.
- All motorised fleets must have "wheel watchers" on both sides.
- All entries must have clear identification signage.
- Changes in the parade line-up the day of the parade will be at the sole discretion of the parade officials.
- A representative of your entry must attend a pre-parade meeting.
Please call Huup Waagen in November for the date and time at 0212 694 152
3rd December @ 12pm
(If cancelled, the parade will be held on Sunday, 10th December)
Help out on the Day
We invite organisations with active members to help us run the Parade and Christmas Party smoothly.
We need traffic marshals, a balloon blowing and distribution crew, Christmas Party site crew etc.
This could be a way to be involved in the Parade and contribute to the community. This could be a chance to do some fund raising for a charity or an appropriate organisation. Please email us if you would like to help.
Become a sponsor
We are looking for sponsorship on various levels. The Nelson Santa Parade Trust owns a number of floats that can be modeleld to promote your organisation or business.
This is a fantastic way to profile yourself to thousands of people in the region. If you want to become a sponsor please email us.
Help out Beforehand
Each year the Santa Parade committee volunteers dedicate days of their time to tidy up the trust owned floats.
Here is another opportunity to be involved in the Parade. Please email us if you can help out.